With more languages added to Open Water Diver, Freediver™ and now Enriched Air Diver courses, and the PADI eLearning® experience becoming even more fluid, PADI® educational materials continue to claim the lead for diver training.
Because scuba diving bridges borders and cultures, bringing people who speak different languages together to enjoy the underwater environment, PADI diver materials need to account for this, including eLearning products.
PADI Divers have access to a wider variety of learning materials with a digital suite of core courses that are easy to purchase, download and use. Now, these materials are offered in more languages than ever – further demonstrating that PADI truly is the way the world learns to dive.
Here’s what’s new for Open Water Diver, Freediver, Advanced Open Water and popular Enriched Air Diver courses (with more languages in more courses to come).
- PADI Open Water Diver – Seven new languages: Czech, Croatian, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Russian and Turkish.
- PADI Freediver – 11 additional languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Korean, with Thai and Russian soon to follow.
- PADI Enriched Air Diver – 22 languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Indonesian, and Traditional Chinese. Simplified Chinese, Thai, Hebrew and Polish soon to follow.
- Advanced Open Water Diver – Nine new languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Korean, Arabic, Italian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Important to note:
- The PADI Library app will reflect these new language additions. If divers have automatic updates turned on in their device settings, the app will update automatically. If not, they need to update their app to be able to see the new language options.
- To be sure student divers know what services you offer, PADI Dive Centers and Resorts should update eLearning preferences in your account on the PADI Pros’ Site to reflect the courses and languages you support.
- The affiliate links are now universal and are not specific for each course. After clicking on the affiliate link, the student view defaults to all courses and languages. For this reason, be sure to update eLearning preferences in your account and deselect the courses and languages you do not support.
- There is now an eLearning completion alert email when student divers have finished their final exam (Open Water and Enriched Air eLearning) and have affiliated with you. All members automatically receive these alerts but you can turn them off in the eLearning preference center if you prefer.
Keep an eye out as more updates to the eLearning experience are coming soon.