The PADI Master Scuba Diver™ rating is often described as “the black belt of scuba.” While most people know what a karate black belt is, entry-level divers may not understand the prestige of the Master Scuba Diver rating. You need to inspire all your customers to join the elite group of divers who reach this level.
Why? Because it’s not only the ultimate rating that signifies an accomplished and experienced diver, but also because you gain a customer who takes eight courses, commits to more than 50 dives, and will likely purchase a full set of gear. There are at least three reasons why you should implement or bolster your Master Scuba Diver program today:
- Offer and fill more courses. The Master Scuba Diver program sets goals for your customers and they enroll in the courses needed to reach their goals.
- Support active divers. The more training your divers receive, the more dives they make, the more gear they purchase, and then they dive even more.
- Create loyal customers. Your diver retention rates will increase as your divers become more competent and comfortable in the water.
Here are a just few ideas for raising awareness and interest in your Master Scuba Diver program:
- Create a wall of fame in your store to recognize customers who have achieved the prestigious Master Scuba Diver rating.
- Publicly chart the progress of current Advanced Open Water and Rescue Divers to encourage friendly competition among students.
- Invite Master Scuba Divers to be guest speakers at your next course orientation.
- Give special recognition to your Master Scuba Divers at a dive club meeting or store BBQ.
- Develop a five specialty program for your area that showcase local diving, or perhaps focuses on the environment – Cold Water Master Scuba Diver or Eco-Master Scuba Diver.
- Offer an exclusive dive trip only for Master Scuba Divers.